2020 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Suzuki started with a goal to reclaim the GSX-R1000’s The King of Sportbikes crown.
From there, the fundamental capabilities that make a great sportbike were distilled down to three words: run, stop, and turn making the GSX-R1000 run better, turn better, and stop better than any other sportbike.
The GSX-R’s compact and lightweight engine provides class-leading power that is delivered smoothly and controllably across a broad rpm range. This versatile engine is equally suited for driving hard out of a racetrack corner or accelerating effortlessly onto a public highway.
This incredible engine contributes to the GSX-R1000’s compact chassis that delivers nimble handling with excellent front-end feel and braking, as useful for trail-braking on the racetrack as for rolling into tight corners on a country road. Advanced electronic rider aids that aren’t too complicated to use enhance the experience rather than control it. The bodywork’s aerodynamics reduce drag at top speed on the racetrack and improve rider comfort on brisk street rides.
In short, Suzuki developed a new generation GSX-R1000 that has an unmatched combination of reliability, durability, usability, and overall performance with excellent racing potential in a package that works as well for street riders as it does for track-day riders and amateur or professional racers.Features may include:
Built to own the racetrack and let loose on the streets. Since 1985, the GSX-R has been continuously refined to deliver new levels of performance and agility. This legacy of innovation continues with over 1 million legends made.ENGINE
- The fairing lowers efficiently to guide cooling air to the high-capacity curved radiator. Twin cooling fans ensure good cooling at lower road speeds.
- The GSX-R1000 includes the Suzuki Bi-Directional Quick Shift System which was previously available only on the GSX-R1000R model. This system allows for clutchless upshifts and downshifts when the motorcycle is used in competition.
- A powerful, 32-bit dual processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki’s race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000 riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
- Using lessons learning from Suzuki MotoGP chassis development, the engine angle of the GSX-R1000 was rotated backward six degrees. This had the joint effect of reducing the distance of the fork to the center of the chassis by 20 mm and increasing the swingarm length by 40 mm. This increases chassis stability and improves aerodynamics.
- Controller Area Network wire harness (CAN Bus) allows for fast and precise communications between all of the GSX-R1000’s electronic systems. With a CAN Bus system, riders will experience swift and trouble-free electronic system operation while the size and complexity of the wiring are simplified.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available, plus a large selection of GSX-R logo apparel.