2020 Suzuki GSX-S1000
As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the GSX-S1000 owns the street. Developed using the attributes of the championship-winning, long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, this naked sportbike carries Suzuki’s performance spirit to every ride. The GSX-R connection does not stop there, as the GSX-S1000 shares other chassis technology and components so this bike can carve up the corners while providing all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000’s 999cc, inline-four-cylinder powerplant is based on the legendary K5 GSX-R1000 engine. That generation engine is the ideal choice to build a liter-class, naked sportbike around, as it makes strong peak power with a robust torque curve that delivers street-dominating power.
The GSX-S1000’s special design clutch and throttle mechanism smooths shifting, engine braking, and power delivery allowing the rider to effortlessly conquer any type of road. There are electronic rider aids lifted from Suzuki’s supersport bikes, such as the Suzuki Advanced Traction Control System*, plus the Suzuki Easy Start, and Low RPM Assist systems.
The chassis shows its GSX-R heritage with its aluminum, twin-spar frame design and superbike-braced swingarm. The suspension features a fully adjustable, inverted KYB fork and easy-to-adjust rear shock. Stopping performance is stellar via the dual, ABS-equipped**, radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo front brake calipers and 310mm floating rotors. The wide Renthal Fatbar handlebar provides a comfortable reach and the proper leverage to hustle the GSX-S1000 through the corners. Top that chassis performance off with aggressive styling coated with Metallic Triton Blue or Metallic Oort Gray/Metallic Matte Black paint, and you have a naked sportbike ready to attack the road as it turns heads on the street.Features may include:
Get a grip on a whole new standard. Striking looks. Comfort. Power. Versatility. Our standards deliver easy ergonomics, modern style, and metro muscle in dynamite packages. Whatever type of riding you prefer, our standards can handle it.ENGINE
- The strong, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc, inline-four engine is designed to provide smooth throttle response and controlled acceleration.
- Ventilation holes between the cylinders reduce pumping loss within the crankcase so the engine can deliver more power and torque.
- The race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- The SCAS clutch increases plate pressure under acceleration, yet acts as a slipper clutch to smooth the engine response during engine braking and corner entry.
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun to ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum alloy swingarm.
- The 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring preload with a generous 120 mm (4.7 inches) of front wheel travel.
- The GSX-S1000 is equipped with Suzuki’s Easy Start System that requires just a simple touch of the starter button to fire up the engine (without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral).
- Distinctively shaped headlight nacelle contains a bright 60/55-watt H4 halogen bulb. The tail section houses an integrated LED tail light with clear lens.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available, such as a solo seat cowl and sport screen, plus a large selection of logo apparel.